Damiya's gold plated jewelry, is made of durable sterling silver coated with two generous layers of 14K gold. However, since it’s not made of pure gold, gold plated jewelry will not last forever.
You can keep your jewelry in tip-top shape by cleaning it, avoiding chemicals and storing it safely. Below, we’ve provided you with tips and tricks that will make your jewelry last as long as possible.
- We recommence avoiding contact with lotions, soaps and perfumes.
- Take off when washing hands, showering and putting on lotions, fragrances and makeup.
- These products contain chemicals that will remove the shine of your jewelry over time.
- Avoid swimming in your jewelry. Chlorine, the chemical in pool water, can dull the finish, discolor, or even remove the coating from your items.
- Don't sweat with it. We recommend to avoid wearing your jewelry while exercising, as sweating can cause gold plated jewelry to tarnish.
- Wearing your jewelry as the last item you put on when getting dressed will help prevent chains, rings or earrings from catching on your clothes and from getting doused with your products.
- Storing your jewelry properly is just as important as taking care of it during wear.
- We suggest storing your items in an airtight space, such as a container or a plastic bag, like the pouch we are launching soon. Keeping your jewelry away from humidity and other chemicals in the air.
- If you are traveling, we recommend storing your jewelry in individual plastic bags/pouches, so that it will not get scratched or come in contact with clothing, shoes, or anything else that might be packed in your travel bag.
- The best way to clean gold plated jewelry is with a soft cloth made of cotton or fine fibers. Make sure the cloth is dry and very gently scrub your jewelry. Avoid using chemical cleaners, as they can remove the finish of gold plated jewelry.
If you follow all of the above steps and take care of your items, your gold plated jewelry should look pristine for months.